Sunday, April 3, 2011

History

I erased the history on my computer
gone was a week of my life
a week is history
actually today is even listed among the histories I can delete

my brother tried to type
about how history repeats itself
but missed a few letters
typing as quickly as he could
so as not to be forgotten
now history eats itself

once I tried to go back
back more than a week
on my Facebook newsfeed
I kept clicking each link
reading each comment
I didn’t post anything
in four hours I made it through
all of what had happened
so far that day

in one high school in
one city in
one current events class
one teacher spends
one hour detailing what happens in
one minute in this singular world
he doesn’t get beyond
trying to explain
exactly how his face
manages to move in that one minute
manages to move to explain
that he is explaining
how explanation happens

the class more or less understands
some processes that allow
his face to contort
they think
still no one understands
what allows his face to be
or how he is making noise

someone has watched eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
on tv the night before
so raises her hand for one minute
thinking the movie might be relevant
she reads on a smartphone as she raises her hand
reading all about the movie
party Janey will host that evening
currently the sun shines through her mind
shines forward like a headlamp
she might be going somewhere
if she only can find someway to understand
direction without having to comprehend back

maybe if she uses the delete button
to backspace
the save function out of being
and then deletes delete
or leaves it
because
it has no
function
in an
always
forward
world

No comments:

Post a Comment